Zeobond Pty Ltd was founded by Professor Jannie S.J. van Deventer, a world-leading expert in geopolymer technology and former Dean of the Engineering Faculty, University of Melbourne. The vision of Zeobond is to provide a practical and realistic solution to creating a sustainable alternative to the manufacture of cement, one of mankind's most polluting activities.
Zeobond can legitimately claim to be a global pioneer in commercialising geopolymers, offering a unique combination of leading-edge technology, practical know-how and ability to deliver like no other company in the building materials industry.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, with owned and licensee operated manufacturing facilities in Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia, Zeobond's mission encompasses national priorities of tackling the challenge of climate change by:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions with our Portland - cement replacement technology. See our independent Life-Cycle Analysis for further information.
- Recycling industrial by-products that might otherwise be sent to land-fill.
- Promoting energy efficiency across the building materials industry. Zeobond is a member of the Green Building Council of Australia's Expert Review Panel for Concrete, setting the bar for what constitutes sustainable concrete in Australia.
- Shaping global trends and providing a solution that is truly global in scope. Zeobond is expanding into developing markets where cement production is rapidly growing to meet infrastructure needs.
- Keeping Australia Competitive by creating new jobs and securing existing jobs in the construction industry that could be under threat in a carbon constrained economy.